Thursday, October 25, 2007

Catch Some Burlesque in Brooklyn

This Saturday, October 27 head on down to The Hook (yes, in Red Hook) for a night of music, entertainment (Burlesque!), carnival booths and burgers. Called the The Death of Astroland, doors open at @ 8 p.m. and the venue is on 18 Commerce St., b/t Richards & Columbia St., Red Hook (718-797-3007).

Burlesque shows are great fun, although I don't care for the Blue Bunny (he was mean to my friend on her bachelorette). A cool chic I met who works at No Idea Bar is also with a burlesque team called Lady Rizo and the Assettes. Next week on Halloween, starting at 9 p.m. they will be performing at the Brooklyn Lyceum as part of the NIGHT OF THE CONEY ISLAND DEAD (I sense a theme?).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was cleaning out some old pictures from my Flickr account yesterday, and it looks like the one you link to was one of them. But I've got plenty of other shots of Scotty the Blue Bunny. Who, yes, can be mean...