Monday, April 30, 2007

I Blog, Therefore I am Yuppie

From the NYT.com today:

"One Web site’s survey of the prevalence of blogs in urban neighborhoods found a link between gentrification and the number of people who feel compelled to think out loud about the changes in their backyards. The site, Outside.in, crowned Clinton Hill in Brooklyn as the most blogged-about neighborhood in America. Also on the top 10 list were Harlem; Shaw in Washington; downtown Los Angeles; Newton, Mass.; and Rogers Park/North Howard in Chicago."

"In Clinton Hill, Jonathan Butler, the publisher of Brownstoner, did not take his blogging title too seriously. 'This either means we’ve got a lot of creative, community-minded people in the neighborhood or a lot of recluses with too much time on their hands,' he wrote in an e-mail message."


DUMBO wasn't on the list -- yet.

My father asked me this weekend: "Why do you do this blog thing?" I can't explain it, I have a vested interest in my neighborhood and the community at large, and I'm in the communications business. It was a natural fit I guess.

No comments: